Tuesday, August 4, 2015

my denver trip!


I have to complete at least one blog post for the month of July. This is that post. (I mean, it would've been that post, if it hadn't taken me 4 days to write.)
July started with a trip to Denver - my first trip to Denver since my move.
I kept my trip on a pretty tight schedule and thanks to my spreadsheet, I was able to see mostly everyone I had hoped!
I could've used a few more days away, but it was a really great trip. It's probably a poor decision to be listening to jazz when you're blogging about your friends you miss so dearly, so I'll keep this brief.
Dad sent me off right by making coffee and setting aside a special Denver-themed traveler mug. I flew out of Devils Lake instead of Fargo, which was nice for my budget, but the flight times weren't ideal.

The first day of my trip fell on the 12th anniversary of my mom's passing. I bought two of the things that remind me the most of her and we had a sweet little cheers in her memory.


I spent the next few days with Kari & Buck out in the mountains. I also made a mental note to spend more time in a hammock. We spent the 4th lounging in a giant tube in a mountain pond. Much to my distress, a muskrat happened to be swimming in that same mountain pond.



Nicole & I rarely remember to take photos when we're together, but luckily little Wyatt picked up our slack.


And gosh, these ladies! Once we actually all found each other in the park, we had the very best time. I've missed them all so dearly.


And unfortunately, that was the last photo I have of the trip!
Not pictured: Marie + her soup, Loren, Adam + the happiest baby ever, Geoff playing the banjo & shouting out Jeopardy questions, and lots of delicious food.
I didn't quite get everything checked off my Denver list, but I have to save something for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment