Thursday, October 10, 2013

OlsonField Book Club: New Picks!

images via goodreads
 
While we're on the subject of book clubs, I thought it'd be fun to share what Beth & I have been reading as part of our OlsonField Book Club.
We're currently reading Life After Life, but I've already picked the next one, The Art of Fielding, thanks to a recommendation from Loren!
I think I can speak for both Beth & I when I say that Tell the Wolves I'm Home knocked our literary socks off. It was so hauntingly sad, but so beautiful and just all around such a good book.
 
I've been really impressed with how much I love all the books we pick and how different they are, but also some major themes carry though. The Light Between Oceans really made me feel for the characters - I kept thinking "What what I do in this situation?" The Interestings had such complex & rich characters. Life After Life is just so unique - I've never read anything like it! Some take me awhile to finish, but not because I don't like them. It's crochet season and it's so hard for me to choose between crocheting and reading, so I've solved this problem with Audible. I can do both!
 
Our book club, that was once separated by many, many miles and states, will soon only be separated by ONE MILE! It will be a much-welcomed change to be able to discuss the books live - in person, maybe even with a cocktail!



1 comment: