Sunday, September 8, 2013

the weekend: (last weekend, that is)



Loren found a new bar/bookstore in my neighborhood and last weekend, we gave it a go! What is better than wine and books? Nothing!




Last Saturday, Oliver & I hiked Mt Falcon thanks to Loren's recommendation!
There were many different trails, but we ended up doing the Turkey Trot Trail, the Walker's Dream & the Castle Trail on the way down. Not the easiest hike, but it was a good one. I saw 2 deer & a SNAKE, which I won't post pictures of, because that's just disgusting.
Above is little Oliver posing at the site of what was almost the Summer White House. Unfortunately, John Walker didn't raise the funds for this project and moved on to other ventures. Then, his house was struck by lightning and burned in 1918! You can see the ruins of his home on a different trail and I hear there is also a tower, but I didn't quite make it that far. (That's your history lesson for the day.)
In this photo below, you can see Red Rocks Amphitheatre in the distance!


Other random pics from the weekend...



5 comments: