Monday, February 25, 2013

The End of Procrastination

Yesterday was the most productive day for me! It was 99% related to the blizzard we got and me not being able/wanting to leave the apartment!
I've been putting off starting a new book I got from audible, Tenth of December by George Saunders. I've read some of his stuff before, so I knew I'd love it, so I'm not sure why I kept putting it off. But yesterday, I started it...and several hours later, I finished it. 
It was a pretty dark read, but it had enough humor and quirkiness to not feel overly depressing. Plus, he's such a great writer! I earned my "binge listener" badge from audible. Nerd alert!


Beth's BFF asked me to sew her up a chevron maxi skirt and of course I said yes! (Then I freaked out.) Beth gave me the best pep-talks and words of encouragement, while I planned what to do when the I ruined the skirt and how to fix it and how to tell Amie she wouldn't get a skirt.
I've had the fabric for about a week and yesterday I finally decided to dig in and do some sewing. I used a combination of two tutorials - this one to make the chevron and this one to make the waistband, etc. It's definitely not perfect, but I think it turned out pretty well and it will look so cute on Amie. I'm shipping it off today & let's all hope it fits!


No comments:

Post a Comment