Saturday, January 26, 2013

Brussel Sprouts & Beth


Beth was in Denver for a few days this week, so of course we had to party...and by party, I mean cook at my apartment and wander around Target.
As an appetizer, I roasted brussel sprouts and we mixed up a little aioli for dipping. (I used this recipe) I probably should've bought twice as many sprouts, because we inhaled them - SO good! We may or may not have eaten every possible crumb & licked the bowl clean.
For the main course, we used this recipe for "Lightened-Up Sundried Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta." Except when I went to get the sundried tomatoes out of my cupboard, I realized they were actually roasted red peppers. Beth prevented my meltdown & the end result was really good!
 Beth also was able to join my coworker, Ben, and I for lunch on Thursday. There are 2 Garbonzo restaurants on Colorado Blvd., and they both happen to be next to Panera, so we had a little bit of a mis-communication in the form of texts that said, "We're here!" and "No, I'm here." But, we all ended up at the same place and had the best little lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment