Monday, May 14, 2012

the weekend


This weeknd was colder than most, but I treated it like the most perfect summer weekend.
Each season, I try to make a list of fun things I really want to do.  I stumbled upon another blogger's list, which included "seeing a drive-in movie." I don't think I've ever been to one, so I googled to see what was around Denver, told Beth & we instantly made plans to the 88 Drive-In on Friday night.
Beth used to go to drive-in movies with her family, so she shared all her awesome traditions with me! We had popcorn, gummy worms and hot chocolate.
I can't believe I didn't get kicked out, because I could not for the life of me figure out a way to run my windshield wipers (it was raining!) without turning my car on a little, which caused the lights to go on - a big no-no!  Afterwards, I heard some announcement about turning on your emergency brake, so I'll have to test that out!
We both fell asleep during the movie, but we didn't even care - it was just that fun!

On Saturday, my summery weekend continued with my first bike ride of the season. Beth got a new bike last weekend and she's been taking it everywhere, so I wanted to join in.  We biked to brunch at Annie's Cafe! Besides about a half dozen crying babies in the next booth, it was a nice little breakfast.
I walk by this little store called Wild Flowers every single day, but I've never been in! I wanted to get some plants for my apartment and their staff was 110% helpful! We learned so much and I got answers to the silliest of questions.
I almost decided not to buy this one (below), but sweet Beth bought it for me as a gift.  I don't think she could let it go since it looks like peas - I don't call her Begetable for nothing!

I also got to spend more time with Nicole & her little guy this weekend AND tonight is the premiere of The Bachelorette - the fun just never ends.



1 comment:

  1. I love all your great finds and am so envious of them all. I might be making a stop at that shop to see what I can find for myself.

    I also just found this post, http://www.thelovelycupboard.com/2012/05/succulents-for-black-thumbs.html that taught me a lot about caring for succulents that I thought you might like!

    ReplyDelete