Sunday, April 15, 2012

Black Apple Doll

I've been wanting to make Katherine a little doll for quite awhile and today, I finally did! Her birthday is coming up, so I'll wrap it up and hope she likes it.
I basically used this pattern from Black Apple on Martha Stewart's website.
The pattern needs to be enlarged to 150% for this project, but I didn't have the patience to wait and do that on a copier, so I just went for it.  The proportions are a little wacky, due to my free-handing, but she didn't turn out half bad.  This was so fun to make and only took a few hours. This pattern can be varied in so many ways and let's be honest, I'm a little jealous of her outfit! I know I'll be making more of these little cuties and I can count on Katherine to get me brutally honest feedback for the next round.




And then I took a photo of the doll + Oliver to show the scale and before I knew it, this happened. Watch him get completely defeated.  And then I realized we both needed to get out of the apartment, so we went to the park!  These pictures remind me of Buster + the sheep in one of my favorite shows, Arrested Development!

gif maker at gickr.com
free gif maker

5 comments:

  1. Is the doll cuddling with a polar bear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, bear hug. Bear rug. You're a bug.

      Delete
  2. That's really cute! You should make one for Jane...if you're looking for ideas....or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll most definitely be making one for Jane! She's so cute that she makes all dolls look homely! Haha

      Delete
  3. Every time I see this blog I just want to do all the things you do. Is there room in Denver for a dental student drop out?

    ReplyDelete