Friday, March 9, 2012

This week


Meet my vegetable of the moment, the brussel sprout. My first adult experience with them was at Loren & Adam's Thanksgiving - Brendan & Loren made this yummy dish with beets & brussel sprouts and I was a little skeptical, but I loved it! On Monday, Beth made me supper, complete with a side of them and last night, I attempted to make them for myself. They were delicious! I might have cooked them a little longer, but I had to get something that involved chocolate into the oven, which is serious business!
One of my favorite things at Starbucks is the Banana Chocolate-Chip Coffee Cake, so I decided to recreate it using this recipe.
This recipe calls for it to be in a 9x11 pan and another recipe said a bundt pan (which is how Starbucks serves it), but I decided to use a muffin tin + a bread loaf pan.  What the difference between making a coffee cake, a bread, and muffins is, I may never know, but these tasted pretty good, no matter the form.


I feel like I've been walking/running/chasing Oliver all over Denver this week.  The warmer temps definitely help me get out of bed in the morning and not make me want to crawl under a blanket the minute I get home from work. Dawn, dusk, we've seen it all.  I'm such a morning person, so of course I thought that the sunrises were the very best, but turns out the sunsets aren't too bad either.
sunset







No comments:

Post a Comment