Friday, March 16, 2012

Practice Takes Perfection


We had a little work party today to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  I was one of two people who volunteered to use this recipe to make cupcakes.  Beth & I had made something similiar a while back, so I was comfortable trying it again. Big fail!  I can't even explain what happened - they were either so tiny (above) or running over the side - instead of rainbows, they looked like a 3rd grade science experiment gone bad.
Beth text me last night to see how they were going & I was so crabby, so all we did was exchange pictures of ourselves crying..mostly fake.  Doesn't the black & white make us look extra sad? Anyway, Beth's boyfriend got in on the crying as well and the photos continued into this morning, as I tried to make my own buttercream frosting and salvage them enough to bring to work.
I brought 12 of the best of the worst and I also stopped at King Soopers to buy some to supplement...then I was worried that mine would look extra gross next to professional cupcakes.  Most of mine acutally were eaten, and one of my coworkers had seconds, so it wasn't a total wash.


Oliver cheered me up last night.  He'll do just about anything for a treat and I love it!


And here's a bonus cute photo for your Friday - I accidentally yarned Francie, but she was so interested in the kids playing outside, she didn't even care.



No comments:

Post a Comment