Friday, February 3, 2012

24 Hours with Lyndsay

I just spent an entire 24 hours with my friend since forever, Lyndsay! She was on a work trip to Boise and scheduled herself a day layover with me in Denver. 
We had an awesomely jam-packed day of fun!
We started off at Snooze for a little bit of breakfast heaven!
Then, we had a mini adventure at SkyVenture - Indoor Skydiving!  We couldn't take our cameras in (thank goodness there's no evidence), but it was a pretty hilarious time.  You can watch a video of what it looks like below.  We had a tiny bit of training and were basically thrown into the wind tunnel. Now we're ready for some real skydiving - one day.



After we got changed and were finally able to comb our hair again, we went to the Village Cork.  I used to go there a lot, but I probably haven't been since Lyndsay was in Denver a few years ago.  Their warm brie & roasted garlic was divine.


To end our big day, we saw The Taming of the Shrew.  Not exactly Shakespeare's finest, but we had a good time.  I got the giggles during it & since we were in a round theater, there was no hiding.  Lyndsay & I used to play duets at piano competitions in junior high and we'd rarely get through a song because of all the giggling....15 years later - same story.
Lyndsay made it safe & sound back to Providence and it was so fun having a quick little visit!

Photo Feb 01, 7 50 41 PM

2 comments:

  1. OMG... I went to Taming of the Shrew last night and I will sadly admit that we left at intermission. This is the 2nd play in 2 weeks that I left 1/2 way through and I don't know why I cannot get into them. Better luck next time but I love that you had such a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was such a good decision on your part! The last 1/2 hour was *painfully* sexist!

      Delete