Thursday, January 5, 2012

"Thrifting" at the Farm


I found the most awesome treasures back home!  If I still had my little pickup (or a house to fill with things), I could've done a lot of damage!  On the drive back to Denver, Oliver had nowhere to be besides the passenger's lap (aka, my dad's lap). Thanks Dad!
Dad pointed me to several of my Grandma's craft supplies - dozens of knitting needles and crochet hooks and lots of little accessories still in original packaging!  I'm excited to test some of those little gadgets out.
Next I took...acquired sounds like a nicer word...I acquired a cosmetics case of my mother's.  At first I thought the keyhole was an O, so I thought it said Rob and I was thinking it was my dad's, but it's actually RB for Rosemary Breidenbach, which is less funny than Rob, but makes a little more sense.  I can't wait to fill it up with goodies.


Next, I picked up a few paint-by-numbers.  I already have one hanging.  Love them!


This is one of my favorite finds - an entire box full of beads & costume jewelry! Most of the necklaces are broken, which makes them perfect for crafts. I can't stop digging through it. Sigh.


Lastly, one of my little step-nieces found this calendar in the shed.  It's my mom's from the exact month & year of my birth.  I added the little heart, because there was no mention of me on that date.  There was an entry about my baptism on September 11 and you can see clinic appts in August, so I am on the record and official.




No comments:

Post a Comment