Sunday, January 8, 2012

Things I Made, Weekend Edition

Do you want the good news first or the bad news? Let's start with the bad news..these cookies. 
I was so excited to get my mom's kitchen-aid and I wanted to start with her cookie recipe (that has now been renamed "Fart Cookies" by Joey & Katherine). 
I was feeling so rebellious, because I cracked the eggs right in the mixer, which my mother would've never allowed.  Then things started to go down hill.
  I thought substituting whole-wheat flour wouldn't make a difference, but it did.  They were 100% like sand.  I still cooked a batch, just to see what they'd taste like.  Not horrible, but too sandy to eat. (I ate 2.)


Moving on...I saw this sweater on Pinterest and I just had to make it.  It was super easy to make & I might actually wear it in public.  I also crocheted up a little red cowl during one of the many episodes of Dexter I watched!  I started putting it on while I was skyping with Karley and she said, "That is the ugliest hat." Haha! I agree. :)




And I'll leave you with this little postcard of a picture.  He was sleeping with his nose actually in the slipper (that's love!), but then he got a little bit more comfortable.



No comments:

Post a Comment