I'm happy to report that I finished the afghan for Joey's Christmas present. If I had a nickel for everytime I miscalculate some major detail about a project....In this instance, I didn't make enough squares, so I was franctically crocheting squares and connecting them from the moment I got home to the morning of our Olson Christmas, the 26th.
The worst part is I had hours and hours to work on it in the drive to North Dakota. Oh well!
I didn't have an actual pattern to work from, so I had to keep looking at the same photo to get everything just right. Below, I realized I had made a little mistake around his face, but it took me the longest time to realize what was wrong.
Here's the little recipient, looking so cute! He liked it & made good use of it at our two Christmas Sleepovers. Then I stole it back from him so I could weave in the ends. On my next afghan, I swear I'm going to weave in the ends as I go! Rose has generously been helping me with that daunting task, so Joey can have his blanket back ASAP!