Monday, December 19, 2011

Crafts Forever


My newest project is a little Nintendo-inspired throw/afghan for my nephew.  Every 9-year-old wants a crocheted gift, am I right? I'm not right, but this is what he's getting.  I can get pretty obsessed with crocheting, so I wasn't worried at all about getting it done, but I'm working on a few other things, which means I have a lot of squares left! Ahhh
I first got the idea from Stumpets Crumpets and with any luck, it'll look similar to this.

Yesterday, Nicole hosted a craft day party in her basement.  We were all seriously productive! I finished 40 squares, which is pretty unheard of for me.  I had a serious case of crocheting claw afterwards.
Nicole also provided cute little holiday crafts for us to work on.  For the ornament shown below, you coat the inside of the ornament with Pledge and then pour in glitter.  Genius!


3 comments:

  1. Both of those are sooooosososososo cool and rad and hip and way neat and off the charts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the tutorial I referred to:

    http://thegreenbeanscrafterole.blogspot.com/2010/12/all-that-glittersminus-mess.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many skeins of yarn did you use? I want to estimate how much it would cost to make it before I attempt it.

    ReplyDelete