Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Crock Pot Meals

I've been missing having a crock pot, so last weekend I paid what I would have spent on a meal out and I bought one!
Last weekend, I made a meal that I've made before in Marie's crock pot before - Chicken Tacos!
Yesterday I tried a new recipe that I found on  Pinterest - Chicken & Dumplings.
It was super simple.


I put these ingredients in for about 4 hours: 
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 tablespoon dried parsley

Then after 4 hours is up, I cut up a package of store-bought biscuits and let it cook for another 30 minutes.
It was so yummy & creamy! It was a little warm outside for it, but oh well. I can't wait to try a new recipe next week.

P.S. It's very rare that I leave the kitchen without an injury, and last night was no exception.  I stepped on a chunk of glass and was spending the last few minutes before Marie came over cleaning up blood, like any good hostess.  
I'm actually not counting that as a kitchen injury, since it could've happened anywhere.
When I showed Karley my leftovers via Skype, I spilled a bunch of it on my computer, but at least she saw how good it looked.
I think Karley postest her latest blog post to make me feel better.



No comments:

Post a Comment