Wednesday, September 14, 2011

He gets me every time

I love getting book recommendations, and when they come from my favorite author, you better believe that I'll read it.  Yes, I'm talking about David Sedaris and his Recommended Reading List.


I've read so many books from his list.  Before he recommended Richard Yate's Easter Parade, he warned us that is was 100% heartwrenching/depressing and would, of course, make the perfect holiday gift.
I fell in love with Lorrie Moore, Jean Thompson and so many other short stories writers through his recommendations. 


 I just finished Blue Angel by Francine Prose.  As I read, I felt like I knew where it was going and I was thinking how clique, but I was mistaken!  So, as I've felt many times before, this book has me a little temporarily heartbroken, but it happened in such a beautifully written way.
I'm about to start Blindness, another book recommended to me by a friend almost 2 years ago.  It was super cheap for my Kindle, so I justified buying it.
P.S. Is it sad I got a hand cramp reading a "real" book? 
Speaking of reading...Karley loves to read!  


No comments:

Post a Comment