Monday, August 1, 2011

Twilight & Midnight


                       Last Friday, I met Marie, Loren & Adam at Marco's Coal-Fired Pizzaria.  Afterwards, we watched Twilight.
I also made them look at all the photos here and I giggled the entire time.


Marie & I also saw the new Woody Allen movie, Midnight in Paris.  It was the best movie I've seen in a loooong time!

It's set in the present day, but Owen Wilson's character gets transported back to 1920s Paris every evening. 

"He runs into Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald at an elegant soiree, where he hears Cole Porter crooning “Let’s Do It (Let’s Fall in Love).” He gets writing advice from a laconic Hemingway, persuades Gertrude Stein to read the manuscript of his novel, and falls in love with Picasso’s mistress. He meets Salvador Dalí, T. S. Eliot, Djuna Barnes, Josephine Baker, Luis Buñuel, Man Ray and others in the enormously talented cast of expatriates and bohemians that peopled Jazz Age Paris."   (read more here)

Marie & I were pretty good at catching the references & recognizing the people, but we both missed Bunuel and the reference to his film, "The Exterminating Angel." Once I did a little research & found the article above, all our questions were answered. It was so dreamy - I need to see it again!!











No comments:

Post a Comment