Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Folks Festival

On Sunday I went to the Rocky Mountains Folks Festival. It was the best day of music ever!
It wasn't too hot, plus there was dramatic lightning in the background and a tiny mist of rain to cool us off.
My favorite of course was Dan Mangan, but I listen to him daily, so I knew what to expect.   My unexpected favorite was Carolina & the Chocolate Drops.  They were so fun & so incredibly talented.  Between all of them, they played so many instruments - real and fake aka, the beat box.  Plus, one of the members wore suspenders, which I think is why Paper Bird is so good. I need a pair - right away!
We also saw The Civil Wars & a bit of Missy Higgins!
I really think that Karley Frey & her husband need to come next year & we can camp all 3 days! We are pretty much professional music festivarians...Not to brag, but Karley & I were on the front page of the Sioux Falls, SD newspaper during Lifelight!


Okay, back to the festival!


 Above: An adorable little skeleton-painted boy eating olives from Whole Foods.  He cracked us up!
Below: We were sitting near the real live mtn climber who amputated his own arm (as told in the movie 127 Hours.)... He was wearing the "127 Hours Movie Crew" t-shirt, which gave him away.  He's in the red!


Dan Mangan, and below, The Civil Wars


Here's a little sampling of the amazing music.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment