Monday, June 13, 2011

the heart city


This weekend, Oliver & I took a quick trip to meet my family in Valentine, Nebraska.  My dad is so awesome & agreed to take Oli a bit during the summer to save me the cost (and drama) of boarding him.  I appreciate it sooo much!  He doesn't know yet that Oliver is his real Father's Day gift. Just kidding!
They were already in South Dakota meeting Steve's family, so this worked out perfectly.
Oli spent the entire drive laying on the armrest with his back legs standing on the back seat.
The drive was 6 hours on the dot for me and it was such a breeze thanks to my audiobook!
I got so into this book - it has such a good story. My only complaint is that the narrator uses a baby voice when speaking for the toddler & it's so awkward and it really creeps me out!  There has got to be a better way.


We arrived about an hour before the rest of the Olson's, so we walked around the entire town, despite the raging winds.  I've never seen so many hearts in one town in all my life.





Sweet reunion!  If you can't tell by the picture, Oli is walking on 2 legs.


I only got to spend 12 hours with my family & most of those were sleeping, but we had time for a quick supper and an episode of Storage Wars plus time to catch up.
I also got time to talk weddings with Roey & watch cable television!!

She showed me a page out of her magazine that had a  bridesmaid dress color (melon) that she loved - it was shown with these Kate Spade shoes, which I pretty much have to have now!  How could I not get them?  It's the wedding of my only sister.
I can't wait until July to spend more time with my family!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED The Help. But a narrator-talking-baby-voice does sound creepy!

    ReplyDelete