Thursday, June 30, 2011

ALA + New Orleans

Dan Savage gave the opening presentation - He was so captivating!
You can read about it here.
I loved New Orleans! I probably never would've chosen to go there on a vacation, but I'm so glad that ALA was there.
I loved the culture of the city - live music everwhere/all the time, amazing food (including ice cream for breakfast) and the all round fun atmosphere of the city.
I won't even go into how interesting & inspiring the acutal conference was! I have few enough readers and I don't want to lose anyone.


Natalia was an amazing tour guide!  We made the most of every spare minute we had.
We took a mini literary tour.  We saw the homes of William Faulkner, Tennessee Williams, Truman Capote and of course, the statue of Ignatius J. Reilly from A Confederacy of Dunces.


FOOD!!!


I quickly realized (via my ala twitter feed) that every tourist has to get beignets at Cafe Du Monde.  Natalia did everything to convince me not to do it, but after a few cocktails, I won & we had a little beignet picnic.

Live jazz @ Three Muses.  The music + the food was heaven!  I tried fried pickles for the first time. Yum!



We grabbed coffee at CC's and sat next to the Mississippi.


 
Banana Foster French Toast @ Stanley's and Salmon Pizza @ Slice
 
A Happy Librarian!


No comments:

Post a Comment