Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sports?

I feel like sports are everywhere lately.  On Thursday, Emily & I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and waited over 45 minutes to get a table.  As we sat down in the loud, crowded restaurant, I noticed a basketball game playing on all the screens and I yelled over to Emily, "Soooo, is this some kind of championship or playoffs?" to which Emily replied, "Ummmm yes, this is the College Basketball tournament..March Madness."  How embarrassing!  Emily went on to impress me with her vast knowledge of college sports.
Meanwhile, I've been getting trash-talking texts from my 8-year-old nephew.  University of Denver has been playing the University of North Dakota in hockey lately...Frozen Four? Anyway, he's been making sure I know that DU has been losing.
"HOW DO U LIKE YOUR DU OVER EASY OR HARD BOILED"

  Today's texting totally melted my heart - his messages are in blue.

"Ha Ha you lost 6 to 1"
Oh Shoot! Is DU done then?
Yes
I guess I'll have to cheer to UND now!
Move here you can live in the basement with me
That sounds awesome!
Then do it
Can Oliver stay?
Why not

I can just imagine him teaching me 101 video games and me making him watch the Bachelor!  Haha  What could go wrong?

2 comments:

  1. Vast, haha, no it's not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all relative..To me, you're a sports genius!

    ReplyDelete