Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Adultness

Yesterday, I felt like a real, live adult! I did my taxes, my apartment is 100% clean, and I cooked a real meal without bleeding or burning myself.  I did cut my hand just a tiny bit though.  My can-opener was broken, so it took me about 15 minutes and various tools and utensils to get the can open and I ended up with a small injury. ( Like father, like daughter...my dad once used an actual screw to open a bottle of wine.)
Since this was the very first recipe I tried out of the cookbook Beth gave me, I invited her over to hold the bunny ears so I could watch a show without static share & watch the Biggest Loser...For some reason, we decided  the meal  should be a surprise and somewhere along the line, I convinced her it was a Hungarian dish.  I'll save the paprika for next time!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! But you know what they say...practice makes perfect! I'll bring the can opener next time and entertain you and Oli with the harmonica while you practice on perfecting Adultness. See you at 6p.

    ReplyDelete