Monday, December 13, 2010

Saturday Crafts

On Saturday, Oliver & I went over to Loren's place to work on some crafty things (Oliver mainly worked on shredding all of Francie's toys).  I bought seriously a lot of felt, and since I wasn't prepared to make people from my new book yet, I decided to make some little animals.
Loren worked on crocheting a cowl in the prettiest shade of purple.
Looking back, I should've made her sign some type of document, but she agreed to make this gorgeous afghan with me.  I'm going to the library today to get the pattern!!
It's a different type of granny square than the standard one, so Loren spent forever trying to figure out what it's called and how to make it!  It's actually called the square target or the solid granny square.


My creatures:
I think the one on the left half resembles a snowman and half a penguin.  And I spent way too much time trying to make the blue felt on the owl not look like a giant mouth.


Loren's cowl!

Oliver is: A) in awe of their beautiful Christmas tree
             B) Looking for squirrels
C) Being tempted with a toy to sit nicely in front of the tree, but it isn't working


Beth actually was inspired by my special little owl, so here's her versions for an ornament exchange party she had.  They're so cute!!

2 comments:

  1. those ornaments are precious!!! :)

    ps I love your job!!! when I grow up I want to be a librarian! :) seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! I love being a librarian.

    P.S. your blog is adorable - love it!

    ReplyDelete