Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving!

I flew into Fargo last Wednesday and all signs (and weather reports) predicted a storm.  I wasn't actually expecting my flight to be on time, but it was!!
It was a little stormy & there were plenty of cars that had freshly landed in the ditch, but we made it home!
Dad & I did some reading then watched one of my favorite movies, Fargo, of course.



Dad & Rose got a new Collie/Lab puppy, Mons.  He's so adorable, but such a pain and he may or may not have committed a murder on Saturday night.


...and then there were 3...

Roey & I did some Black Friday shopping, along with all the Canadians (which was the top news story of the weekend). We took turns being crabby, or as Roey would say, we suffered "hypoglycemic fits." It was soooo cold & since Roey didn't appreciate my cursing, I switched to Norwegian cursing, and everyone knows that doesn't count.

When it is so cold you are in pain and you feel like you could die at any moment, say: "Det er jævla kaldt ute."
And for all other general cursing: "Fy faen."

I was lucky & got a chance to see Katherine's dance practice & Joey's hockey practice as well.  

  

Joey played his first Phase 10 game!! This is a huge deal.  He was more excited about skipping people than getting the phases!


And the perfect way to end a holiday weekend, Miss Karley Balgaard!  She & Robby came all the way from Ashby to meet me before my plane left.  We had a lot of yummy food at Doolittles, where we both used to work.
There was definitely not room for me in their car (filled with a Christmas tree, a snowblower, an ironing board, etc.), but there was plenty of room for Karley to sit on my lap in the front seat.  I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.  We kept thinking how boring it would be if I would've sat in an empty back seat.  That's just not our style.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment