Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Race for the Cure: Completed!


  I was so pleasantly surprised to have surpassed my fundraising goal this year! I posted the link on Facebook and was overwhelmed with gratitude to get donation after donation! I have such generous friends.



This year was my 2nd Race for the Cure with Loren & Adam!  
Here's my post from last year. And oh my, I haven't changed much, because I came up with the exact same blog post title!  How original of me.
It was a lot warmer than last year and we learned our lesson and didn't get downtown quite so alarmingly early.

Me & Loren
Loren & Adam! Awwww
Adam noticed this adorable couple.  They are dressed in their Sunday best, with race t-shirts over.  They made me smile.



It was an adventure trying to run through the crowds!  We paid special attention to the outfits of others and decided next year, our theme would be unicorns.  (It was really early.)



We crossed the finish line!!

Who is faster, Loren or Adam?


My t-shirt is based on a painting by my friend, Joey. It's part of a non-profit established in honor of his bandmate, Mike Freeman, who passed away from brain cancer last year.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment