Saturday, September 25, 2010

The cowl!

I've been crocheting (or my version of crocheting) for a while now, and by a while, I mean a week.  They don't call me "Impatient Mary" for nothing. 
So on Thursday, I went to JoAnns and bought some super bulky yarn and started to knit the cowl instead.
I knit using circular needles, which I've never done successfully, but this time it worked (mostly)!  I wish I had used a larger-sized needle, because it started to curl around the edges, but it's not too bad and I'm sure there's a way for me to fix that.
I called Beth on Thursday night asking for some advice about size, length etc. and poor Beth is so sick and I probably woke her up, so this is what she told me,
"Well, if you're going to wear your hair up then, okay, but if you wear it down, I don't know.  And it's like...... you won't be able to see your feet.  And you don't want to end up looking like Santa."
I thanked her for her insight and went along my way.

Thursday night:

Friday:

Friday night! Done! My hair is up and I can see my feet!

I had a little leftover yarn & wanted to experiment with some stiches and when I looked around, I saw the perfect little test model and there's only so many places he can hide, so there you go.
He's wearing it right now and trying to find a place to hide his bone.  I think it's in the bathroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment