Tuesday, July 6, 2010

ALA Conference 2010



Last week I went to Washington DC for the American Library Association's Annual Conference.
I really feel so lucky to have been able to go!  It was exactly what I needed, professionally, and a nice little mini-vacation too.
I went to a lot of great sessions, met some motivated librarians, saw a few amazing authors speak....Toni Morrison, Junot Diaz & Amy Sedaris and even had time to do some sightseeing.  I saw the Holocaust Museum, the Museum of Natural History, and the Smithsonian Portrait Gallery.  I walked around the National Mall, saw the WWII Memorial and the Washington Monument (my feet died at this moment), swung by the White House, ended up at H&M and hopped on the metro back to the hotel. 
I'm really excited to implement some of what I learned in my library.  Last week I made a widget for our library catalog and today, I had way too much fun working on our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment