Monday, December 21, 2009

My holiday reading list:

With a week and a half off of work and a total drive time of over 24 hours to ND and back, I desperately need some reading material to supplement all the knitting I need to finish.  Here are a few titles I'll be picking up from the library this afternoon.
I love short story collections!!



Jean Thompson's books rank among my very, very favorites - especially Who Do You Love?
Her stories have such strong characters and the writing is terribly beautiful.  Many of her stories are bittersweet.  Her new collection came out last June and somehow I missed it.



And for the drive, I've found 2 audiobooks that will hopefully entertain me & my dad.



I am about to finish up Augusten Burrough's holiday story collection.  He's no David Sedaris, but I really love his writing.  The stories are so funny, but this collection has plenty of serious moments as well.



I've been known to read morose books during Christmas without even realizing it.  A few years ago, I listened to In Cold Blood right before Christmas and I haven't been the same since.
My friend Joey's mother wrote this book and it sounds so fascinating, so this will be my non-holiday pick this year.



Images via amazon

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED both of your audiobook picks! You'll have to let me know what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete