Thursday, September 10, 2009

Race for the Cure!

It's official:


I registered for my first 5K race. It's October 4th and my training is well underway. Loren encouraged me to sign up. She used the "Couch to 5K" plan as a guide for working up to the run. I registered late and missed most of the "couch" part of the plan, but I'm surviving and really enjoying the beautiful Denver mornings.

Oliver can be a really great running partner, but he is also a major pain. He's fast, but he has to stop every few feet to mark his territory. I recently switched him to a short leash and a prong collar and that is working out much better! He's also very competitive, so he cuts me off if he thinks I'm about to pass him, which trips me, and help us all if a squirrel or a bunny happens to run anywhere in the vicinity.


Click here if you're interested in donating to the cause!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your support of Race for the Cure! We appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete